Many struggles for life, one heart to fight!
European meeting of women, trans, inter and non-binary people.
NEW DATES: July 28-29, 2021
Place: ZAD* of Notre Dame des Landes (Nantes, France)
* ZAD = zone à defender = area to be defended
In the context of the Zapatist Tour and the Defenders of Water and Earth for Europe
Please register again for the new dates at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(tell us your staying dates, how many people…)
If you are coming to support the assembly and preparation of the Meetings from July 22, send a mail to: email@example.com
Form to receive proposals: https://forms.komun.org/encuentro-muchas-luchas-propuesta-actividad
In addition to attending the meeting, proposals for the political-cultural agenda of the event can be sent until midnight on July 8, 2021
Many struggles to live, one heart to fight!
We are living beings, grandmothers, mothers, daughters, women, trans, non-binaries who fight from our different realities, feminists, migrants, non-migrants, precariousness, from popular sectors, that today we call for inter-generational, inter-cultural dialogue, inter-ethnic, inter-galactic, between the diversity of genders, from all the knowledge of the multiple struggles and their different geographies, from the countryside, the city, the factory, the neighborhood, as well as all possible spaces of militancy.
Moved by the affections, pains, joys and rages that go through our struggles in our territories and our diverse bodies; we are committed to the valuation and revitalization of ancestral practices and knowledge as well as the current struggles and resistances that sustain life in all its expressions.
We would like everyone’s word and expression to be valued in the same way in this meeting, so that we can listen and learn what we all have to teach from our experiences.
We will address the themes and contents trying to imagine formats different from those we know, which use all types of language that de-center the spoken and written word to enhance the (re) creative expressions of our bodies, of the arts, of games, enjoyment , sports, other imaginations that bring us closer to other horizons and futures for all.
Ixchel «The Blossoming Heart»
This ritual will be the activity that opens the meeting. We will start the morning with elements that identify our struggles, emblems, plants, seeds, sticks, drums… Bring two twigs with you so you can hold hands without touching.
The welcome and care.
The intention is that the meeting is a space free of alcohol and drugs. Therefore, it is invited to reflect on the importance of not consuming drugs or alcohol during the event, remembering the struggle of Zapatist women. Since, in the extension of the Revolutionary Law of Women of 1996, they establish the non-consumption of drugs or alcohol in liberated Zapatist territories; for the violence that they and their children have suffered, for the effects of this form of domination experienced by native peoples.
Below you will find directions and information about accommodation, food, how to get to the meeting place.
Principles for a commitment to care:
– Active stewardship and respectful environments.
– Organizing anger and action from tenderness and love.
– Taking care that identity inclusions are effective.
– It is understood to be/receive like at home.
– Respecting the needs, expressions and times of each person.
Content and organization of the meeting
We will express ourselves and exchange in different formats: assemblies, workshops, talks, walks and tours, planting…
Different tents will host the activities depending on the format of each activity:
– “Tent of the word”: Panels, conferences, cinema forum, talks…
– “Tent beyond the word”: Performances, arts, exhibitions, theater, music, gesticulated lectures…
– “Tent of Joint Making”: Painting, screen printing, embroidery, burlap, flavors…
– “Tent of other Shares”: Space to meet, get to know each other, exchange our experiences of struggle and rest together…
These are the topics collected so far, and new proposals will be welcome:
– Defense and rights of land and territory, resistance against mega-projects.
– Health, self-care and collective care.
– Work (productive and reproductive) and collectivization of work (cooperative forms, popular and solidarity economy).
– Others, dissidents, LGBT * QIAP +, trans *, non-binaries, intersex, women who fight, or how we identify and name each one of us.
– Decolonization, anti-imperialism and cultural counter-hegemony.
– Shelters, migrations, the right to free movement of people and nomadic life.
– Institutional violence, gender violence and cyber-bullying; practices and imaginaries of self-defense and “acuerpamiento” (Spanish word that refers to the personal and collective action of our bodies outraged at the injustices experienced by other bodies).
– Practicing autonomy: Justice, education, pedagogies and community communication.
– Collective word of the struggles of the world.
– Desires and interpersonal relationships.
General program of the Meeting:
Tuesday July 27: Arrival and reception.
Wednesday July 28
10:00 am Welcome and start ritual
10:30 am Start of activities in tents
12:30 am Arrival and welcome sailing fleet
1:00 pm Lunch
3:00 pm Activities in tents
7:00 pm Concerts, dance
Thursday July 29
7:00 am Very morning activities, rituals, meditation, etc.
9:00 am Activities in tents
1:00 pm Lunch
3:00 pm Activities in tents
4:00 pm Shares of struggles in the world. Plenary and closing.
Directions and information about accommodation, food and how to get to the meeting place (arrival routes, transport, map).
Upon arrival you can make a voluntary donation; you should know that this allows us to self-manage and make the Meeting a reality (infrastructure, conditioning, etc.). Once the expenses have been covered, a part of the donation will serve as solidarity support for the needs of the European tour. There will be a non-mixed camping area (No cis men). It is appreciated NOT to camp in the forest, nor to leave belongings or garbage there.
Dining rooms will be installed with various proposals for dishes at a voluntary price. There will be no sale of alcohol during the Meeting on July 28-29
What things to bring?
Face masks and hydroalcoholic gel. Please bring a head or hand lamp, and in case of occasional rain, do not hesitate to bring clothing that covers you, closed shoes to protect you. For accommodation a tent and sleeping bag, mat… And for the toilet you can bring only biodegradable soap, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and tick remover.
It is possible to bring bikes; this will make it much easier for you to move quickly, but in this case, do not forget to bring a padlock.
The ZAD is in the middle of the field, there are no shops in the place, we have provided dining rooms but if you do not have means of transportation, think about bringing everything you will need and also cash.
5 km from there, there is a commercial area with a supermarket, fuel station and an ATM.
For the meetings, we would appreciate if you indicate us:
– Which language(s) do you speak?
– If you cannot camp, please say so in order to organize bedrooms with sleeping bags; the number of places is very limited.
– Simultaneous translation. We will have at your disposal a simultaneous translation system that works using radio waves. We ask each participant and guest to the events to bring a device that allows listening to FM radio with their corresponding headphones. The device can be a small radio from the 80’s, an mp3 with a radio or a smartphone with an FM radio application (many smartphones have it but not all). Please do a test at home before arriving and verify that your device captures the FM signal well and not a radio station or internet streaming.
– Thank you for leaving your dogs at home whenever possible. There are many and diverse animals in the place, and the cohabitation between these animals and the dogs does not always go well. If it is not possible to avoid it, it is imperative that the dogs are tied with leashes and above all not to let them go in the area. There is also the risk that they will be run over.
How to get to the place?
– BUY THE TRAIN OR BUS TICKETS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. It is not easy to get to the ZAD because it is located 30 kilometers from Nantes, and there are not many transport possibilities.
– Train station: Exceptionally if you need a ride from train station to the ZAD, we can arrange it..
– By tram: Take line 2, direction “La Cardo / Grand Val”, if you inform in advance we will try to make trips to pick you up at the “Grand Val” stop. If you take a ride (hitch-hiking) you have to walk and go after the bridge, direction “Orvault bourg” towards “la Paquelais”, take the D281 road, then “la Paquelais”, take the fourche de “Bois Rignoux”, direction “Notre-Dame-des-Landes”, take the route on the right (D281, old road “des chicanes”), get off at the first intersection on the left, road “Fosses Noires”.
– By bus: From the train station, take bus 320, get off at the “Bois Rignoux” stop, take number 371, get off at “l’eglise de Vigneux” (4 km from ZAD) Walk the path, GPS directions.
– Other modalities: By shared car, organization of common transport in buses.
– By plane: Nantes Atlantique Airport is 35 kilometers away, there are buses that run regularly to the center of Nantes (and bus stop), from there take the bus option described above.
Sanitary measures for entry into France
Information about the meeting place (La ZAD)
Address: Chemin de Suez, Notre-Dame-des-Landes (The ZAD is between “Saint Antoine” and “Le Moulin de Rohanne”)
Crowd-funding campaign in favor of: Many struggles to live, one heart to fight! European meeting of women, trans, inter, non-binary people. July 28-29, 2021
Information on the mixed Intergalactic encounter of July 31- August 1st
The Zad of Notre-Dame-de-Landes has a tradition, since the time of the anti-airport struggle, the organization of great summer meetings, ongoing crossings of resistance; Zadenvies and the intergalactic week notably. This year, the Zapatist Tour brings us together around a common point that we have called “Intergalactic Encounters.”
The event will take place from July 28 to August 1. It will begin with two days of encounters between women, trans, inter, non-binary people from the Other Europe – without cis men – organized by the European Gender Working Group of the Tour (28-29 july)
This will be followed by two days of mixed meetings on July 31 – August 1, organized by groups from the French-speaking commission.